Saturday, April 30, 2011

3 Embryos on Board!

Today I went in for a day 3 transfer!! I was really hoping it would be a day 5 transfer so that I had a couple more days to see if my pain goes away! But, unfortunately, they felt that today was the better day.

When I got to the center, they talked to us about how many to transfer, and how they were progressing. They advised us that at this stage, they like to see them between 6 and 8 cells, which ours were. It was decided that we would transfer our 3 best embies.

Two of the embryos put back are between 6 - 8 cells (not sure exactly how many cells) and the third is a 9 cell...our little over achiever!

The 5 remaining embryos are still growing!! So now we wait to see if any of them make it to day 6 to be frozen. That would be fantastic and I'm hoping some can hold on!

The procedure was painless, which made me extremely happy! Sean and I just watched the screen as we saw our little embryos "plop" into my uterus. Amazing!

I talked to my Dr about the pain I'm still experiencing since the retrieval. When he checked out my ovaries before doing the transfer, he said they're huge. Right now, each ovary is 4 - 5 times its normal size, so he wasn't a bit surprised I was still in pain. He advised me to fill up on fluids and up my protein intake. Hopefully that helps!

So now we pray, and wait, and wait, and pray, and hope, and wait some more! It's seems a bit surreal to be at this point in the process. It took me so long to finally decide that I was comfortable moving forward with IVF, and now I'm in my 2WW. Wow.

Here is a pic of our 3 little embryos!


19 comments:

Gen said...

I am so excited for you!

TRIPLETS lol

I hope that the next 12 days go by quickly and that your discomfort has started to go away.

OH EM GEE

Coakley's Journey said...

wow, putting back 3...I will send lots of sticky dust your way. Are yall okay with triplets or more?

With my retreival I was the same way, I did 5 day transfer and was still in allot of pain. It took me at least a week after transfer to not be so sore.

Andrea said...

At my age, I have less than 5% chance of triplets, so I was ok with those odds :)

E and R said...

Congratulations! I am on 4dp3dt and we also transferred 3. Hoping the time goes by quickly and you get a BFP!

Rebecca said...

I am so happy and excited for you! I'm glad you Dr. said the pain was nothing to worry about and normal, so hopefully the fluid and protein will help it go away soon! I wish you all the best during the two week wait!

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!!! Looking forward to more updates!

marilyn said...

three!!! Wow!! I was in horrible pain too. maybe tomorrow the pain will decrease. I drank coconut water..and I walked around a little bit. I am staying on vacation the first week of the 2ww, but I have to go back the second week. What is your plan? I am so excited I am going through the 2ww with you.

rebecca said...

OMG!!! So exciting, I'm surprised they transferred 3, definitely gives you good odds of success!!! Hoping these next two weeks fly by for you and that discomfort subsides soon!

TeamBabyCEO said...

That's awesome! I'm glad the procedure went well and hope that you feel better soon.

Denise said...

I am so happy for you Andrea!! Rest, rest, rest.... I will be praying.

Bridget said...

oh my gosh you could end up with triplets!! I hope your pain goes away soon and I am praying for you and your babies :)

Anonymous said...

congrats, enjoy your 2ww. it makes all the difference. will be thinking of you!!

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Fingers crossed and prayers your way!! :)

Steph said...

Good luck i wish you the best!

Joey said...

OK, so maybe this is a dumb question, but how'd you get the pic of the 3 embryos? I'm on my 1st cycle of IVF, so I know nothing except what these wonderful blogs have taught me!

Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Joey said...

Thanks for answering my question. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading your updates!

Joey
http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

Carlia said...

OMG, i'm so excited for you!!! i'll be sending you tons of sticky vibes. ;)

Elise said...

awww Andrea, your embabies are so cute!!! I am praying for you...sticky healthy nurtured embabies!!!! this is an amazing year andrea and we're gonna have so much fun!!!!

A m a n d a said...

Awww, congrats on being PUPO!! Good luck with this TWW, it sounds like your chances are really high :)