Friday, April 8, 2011

My Meds Are Here!

It was like Christmas morning in my house this afternoon. My meds finally got here. It's feeling a bit more real now. I now completely understand what my fellow bloggers mean when they say it's a bit overwhelming to see everything. So without further adieu....my meds!! (well, except for the ones that have to stay in the fridge!)

I had a bit of a needle mishap though! I have a true and real fear of needles. Terrified of them. So when I saw that they sent me 25 gauge 1.5" needles for my Menopur, which for me will be a subcutaneous injection, panic set in. The idea of jabbing an inch and a half of needle into my stomach made me nauseous. I called the pharmacy and after talking with them, they'll be sending me a 27 gauge 1/2" needle. So relieved about that! Oh, and there has been a change of plans and instead of doing the PIO injections, I'll be doing the Progesterone suppositories. So relieved about that too!


11 comments:

Pam said...

Yea! It's definitely real when the meds arrive :o) Good luck with everything! I'm glad you got the needle situation worked out!

Carlia said...

WOW! that's a lot of meds right there. ha ha! i am so freaking excited for you to be doing this!!! i'll be cheering you on every step of the way. good luck!!

rebecca said...

Exciting!!! You'll get used to the meds before you know it...and all completely & totally worth it!

LC said...

You're about to start the fun part!!! :) So exciting! I've already started praying that this cycle brings you just what you've always wanted. My hopes are high for you girl! XOXO!

Rebecca said...

Yay! Glad your meds came and the pharmacy is sending better needles, whew!

Kimberly said...

Wow! I really hope it works for you. That seems so overwhelming. Prayers.

Lora said...

Wow! That is crazy! It'll all be worth it...that's what you have to remember! Good luck! :)

Bridget said...

I'm so excited for you Andrea!! Those pics bring back some fond memories, haha!

Elise said...

Your time is just around the corner, :) Breathe...and just know all of this will bring about the greatest joy everrrrr!!!! We are all pulling for you and your belly...and then treat yourself to something after your first shot cuz you'll deserve it, job well done!

A m a n d a said...

I'm so excited for you!! Glad they were able to switch the needle for you, that should make a big difference. And although suppositories can be annoying/messy, I would prefer them over injections anyday :)

Coakley's Journey said...

I found your blog from another IVF blog, hope you dont mind me following you.

awwww.....seeing the picture brought back memories. I am 4dp5dt and hoping i never have to go back to that. here wishing you luck.