Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Today is my 9th and FINAL day of stims!! Can I get a Yeeeeeehaw!?!?!?

I went in for my ultrasound and blood work today. I was so happy with how things went, I completely forgot to ask how big my follicles have gotten. Nurse M told me by the way things looked, she was 99.9% sure I was done and would be triggering tonight, with retrieval on Tues. I was beyond thrilled because, well, my tummy is really feeling the effects of my growing follicles. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not. I couldn't be happier that I even have these follicles. But they sure aren't letting me forget that they're there!

As I was making my 2 hour drive home, I got a call from Nurse M to let me know that Dr T wants me to stim again tonight, instead of triggering. Tomorrow I'll trigger, and retrieval is on Wednesday!! We both got a good laugh from that, since she had told me during my ultrasound that she was 99.9% sure I would be triggering tonight. Leave it to that .1% to rain on my parade! I really did expect to be a slow responder for whatever reason. I'm very happy with a total of 9 days stimming.

Poo, I forgot to ask what my estrogen level came back at today too. Oh well, I'm just thrilled that I'm so close to the end of this phase of my journey! Update: Emailed my nurse and it came back at 2505. I couldn't stand not knowing!

I am hoping with everything I am that this works. But, I'm also trying to mentally prepare myself that it may not, and keep remembering that the odds are not in my favor. I'm not sure anyone can fully prepare for how it will feel if it doesn't work out, but it won't be pretty. I do, however, already know I will try again if I need to. I'm fortunate to have that as an option. I just really hope I don't have to.


I can't wait to hear how many eggs they were able to retrieve. A dozen (or more) would be nice!

I'm even more excited to hear how many fertilize. Who am I kidding, I just really want to hear that ANY of them fertilized!

For all of you that celebrate Easter, I wish you a very Happy Easter!

11 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

Congratulations!!! Last night of stims!!! :) Looking forward to hearing about your retrieval and how those little ones are developing!

Lora said...

Yay!! I'm so happy to hear that you are ready for retrieval and hope for many eggs!

rebecca said...

Awesome news!!! Happy Easter! So excited fr you to be nearing retrieval & then before you know it transfer day will be here!!! Continuing to send hope for a wonderful retrieval and fertilization!

Lissie said...

Hi from ICLW! Yay for the next step! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

marilyn said...

9 days..now 10! That is a lot. Yeehaw!! You are almost there! Just think...your follies are growing! It does feel real uncomfortable though...lots of bubbling, gassy, bloating:( I am having a hard time too not thinking about how important this all is. This is such a big thing we are going through. You will 100% be triggering tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from ICLW. Good luck to you on Wednesday. One step down and a few more to go. I hope you get a lot of eggs!

Bridget said...

so exciting!!! I'm so happy things are going well!

Rebecca said...

That's wonderful news! I hope the trigger goes well tonight and good luck with the ER on Wednesday!

Fran said...

Hello! I'm here from ICLW and wanted to say I'm keeping everything crossed for a great retrieval and above all a fab fert report! And of course none of these would matter if you don't get a super BFP at the end of it, so I'll focus on the end result for you!
Love, Fran ICLW #131

Gen said...

YEEHAW!

Carlia said...

i am so freaking excited for you!!! good luck! i'll be thinking of you and sending you fertile thoughts. :)