My first night of stims was, for lack of better words, interesting. The Gonal-F went smoothly since it was the pen. Easy breezy.
The Menopur...ugh.
I had a heck of a time with that stuff. I had a ton of air in the syringe. Not just a few bubbles here and there, but a whole thick strip of air.
I watched the video and I 'think' I was doing things right. But all that air makes me second guess myself.
I tapped and flicked to get all the air to the top, but when I went to push it out, there must have been meds above it because I had drops coming out. My ticket to a baby was squirting out of my needle! Aaaaaahhhh!
I ended up injecting anyways, with some of the air still in there. I'm alive today, so luckily it didn't kill me! I didn't like the feeling at all though. I heard and felt the little pop at the end and it completely creeped me out.
Now I'm totally panicked about tonight and hope things will go better.
Any tips for me for reducing the air??
6 comments:
How many vials are you doing? I've had this happen so many times, I finally found a way that helped.
I would pull all the Menopur plus air out of the vial to make sure that I got it all using the QCAP. Then, take the QCAP off, and since you are holding it upside down there the meds are on the bottom, the air should be on the top, I would flick some bubbles to the top, then push the medication up almost to the top and then put the needle on, and flick any remanding bubbles to the top. Hope this makes sense and helps!
I strongly dislike Menopur.
So glad to hear you have started your stim meds....you're almost there! :)
Congrats on starting stims!!! So sorry about the complications. Are you using a cue or a needle for extracting the medicine?
Thx, ladies.
I'm on 3 vials to start with and I'm using the QCap.
Now I'm confused about the Gonal-F and the pen. Is the pen a one time thing? I was sent 1 pen and the rest of my Gonal-F came in multi dose vials with syringe/needles. I am really wishing now that my clinic had an injection class!! I feel like a total ditz!
I never used Gonal F, so you might want to check out the Injectables board on Babycenter, there are lots of girls there who have used it. Good luck!
I agree.. it is very uncomfortable and eerie. I wonder if I can find a video to help with that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFq5KHGRKXA
the website above is good if you are mixing, no shaking of the bottle..les bubble
Post a Comment