Monday, April 25, 2011

I Have the Greatest Friends!

I have been very blessed with some of the greatest friends anyone could ever hope to have. I'm not one of those people with a ton of friends, but rather a small group of people with whom I am very close to. That has been one of the hardest parts of moving away from home in CA and moving to KS. I had to leave them all behind, and I miss them a crazy amount!

Luckily, I have been able to make a few trips back home to visit, and we've all managed to do pretty good at staying in touch!

Today in the mail, I received a package from one of those "great friends" I was referring to! She MADE me (a "Gen original" !!) a beautiful bracelet with 5 charms in honor of my first IVF cycle. Each charm has a different word...Dream, Faith, Hope, Love, Miracles. I think those 5 words sum up so much for anyone going through IVF.

Gen, if you happen to see this, THANK YOU so much for the beautiful bracelet! You've been a huge source of encouragement for me throughout this cycle and it means the world to me! I can always count on you to make me laugh on those hard days when I just don't feel great about everything! Love ya girl!

10 comments:

LC said...

What a wonderful friend! It's friends like her that keep us going, day after day!
Thanks for the Blog Award - I'm looking forward to participating this week...just been such a busy weekend (which is good. busy = distractions)

:) Happy Monday!

Baby Hopes said...

So, so precious. I love this!

marilyn said...

that is so beautiful and meaningful, and sweet! Good friends are hard to find, but when you find them you hold on tight. You are very lucky!!!

Pam said...

How sweet! Having a good support system is so important for all of this!

Gen said...

You are very welcome! I am so glad it got there today and you are going Wednesday - it was important to be there ON TIME! kik

I wish you were back in CA going through all this - totally selfish, right?

Love ya!

Carlia said...

gen is awesome! what a great friend. the bracelet is so cute! i'm so glad you have such a great support system.

A m a n d a said...

what a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

Elise said...

that is the sweetest bracelet ever, how fabulous! i'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all the updates...believe in it and breathe it out girlie!!!

Tracey said...

We all could use a GEN in our life. So glad you have one! Hey Gen, how about starting an infertility jewelry line? Good Luck.
ICLW #156

Anonymous said...

I sum up my ongoing IF battle with Faith and Hope.. it keeps me going every day and every cycle. That bracelet is absolutely amazing.

Here from ICLW..
Best wishes on your IVF!! Hope its first time lucky!

Tee @ infertilitee.blogspot.com