Tuesday, March 29, 2011

16 Down, 13 to Go

It feels so good to be more than halfway through these birth control pills! I have a feeling from here on out, time will start moving faster. A week from today is my SHG, a week from Friday my meds arrive and my parents get into town, and on the 11th I swallow my last BC pill. So it will be a busy couple of weeks. I'm still a little nervous about the SHG, but I'm not going to let it get to me too much. It's just one more thing I need to do to get me closer to baby!

On the financial front, I found out some fan-freaking-tastic news yesterday!

Back in November, prior to all of this IVF stuff starting, I called my insurance co to see if anything was covered. Nope. Nada. Nothing. At least that's what I was told. I wasn't surprised since I know a lot of insurance plans don't cover infertility (which I feel is complete crap!)

Anyways, yesterday I received a call from the pharmacy supplying all of my meds telling me my insurance co won't let me use them because they're not in the network.

Huh? Why should it matter which pharmacy I use if they won't cover any of this anyways?

Well, guess what? Turns out I was given wrong info back in November. After a lengthy phone call with my insurance carrier, it turns out I have $7,500 lifetime to use for my IVF and in addition to that, ALL of my meds are covered!!!

I just sat on the phone speechless. That poor lady on the other end of the phone line had to reassure me over and over again that this wasn't a joke and I do in fact have this coverage!

It was like Christmas morning in March! I am SO grateful that we have this coverage, as now it will allow us to try up to 3 cycles if needed, instead of "possibly" trying 2. Although we will be using up all of our $7,500 for this first cycle, my meds will continue to be covered for a full year.

I feel so blessed!

10 comments:

Drevas said...

Awesome, awesome news! I also did not think my IVF meds would be covered and when I found out that they were I could have cried! So very happy for you. :)

Congrats on being more than halfway through those BC pills! Hoping that the next few weeks go by very quickly for you...

Jacquie Valentine, Realtor said...

We also have coverage and let me tell you...a true blessing. I'll be back on BC next month. Here's hoping this is the last road you have to take before your BFP!

Rebecca said...

That is wonderful news! You are so lucky! I'm sure time will start to pass more quickly now, wishing you all the best!

Bridget said...

That is amazing news!! I'm so happy for you!

LC said...

SO happy to hear the good news! :)

Pam said...

I still can't believe they told you the wrong info last fall! What an AMAZING surprise!

rebecca said...

OMG...that is fantastic news!!! Congrats, so happy for you, that has to help tremendously!

Kimberly said...

Wow! I hope this is an indicator of more good things to come!

A m a n d a said...

That's AWESOME Andrea!! What a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. Now you can just focus on yourself instead of worrying about the financial side. Hoping these weeks pass quickly, I'm excited to see how this goes!

Carlia said...

OMG! that is so freaking awesome!!! i'm SO happy for you! what a blessing. that news just made my day, seriously.