Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yawn.

Not much to report. I've finished my first week of BC and it has felt like an eternity. I have 3 more weeks left of this stuff. It's still so hard for me to grasp the concept of taking BC when I'm trying everything in my power to become pregnant. I get it though. I understand why they do it. It's just weird.

I've also noticed myself looking at pregnant women more and more and wondering what their journey to get to this point was. Are they pregnant because of an oops? Did they decide to try for a baby and BAM got pregnant? Did they struggle for years, like many of us, and finally saw their dream become a reality? Have they suffered a prior miscarriage and had all of the innocence and joy of what should be a blissful 9 months stripped away and instead spend their pregnancy afraid and worried? I don't know, it's just something I've been thinking about when I see pregos out and about! As an infertile woman, it's so easy to spot a woman with a "baby on board" and just assume that it was as easy as breathing for her to become pregnant. I'm sure if I ever become pregnant, some other infertile woman will look at me and think I just snapped my fingers and woke up pregnant one day. Everyone has a story. And I have a feeling there are more stories like ours then we even realize.

Time for me to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. It's supposed to be 80 degrees outside and I need to go out and soak up some vitamin D!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

One week down! Sending you lots of positive sticky baby dust!

LC said...

Sooo true! Everyone has a story. I am quick to assume it was easy for all the pregnant women out there...but I truly don't think that's the case. Where do you live with such awesome weather? We have 36 degrees with rain here in Milwaukee today. Yuck! I think I'm gonna go tanning today for some stimulation..lol. One week down is good. You will be surprised as to how fast it all goes. Thinking of you!

Cori said...

Yay for one week down! I , too, always find myself looking at pregnant women and wonder what their story is. I tend to assume they just were the snap your fingers type but I'm sure there are a bunch of women that were in our same boat at some point. :) hope the next three weeks fly for you!!!

Carlia said...

hopefully, it will be you very, very soon that is sporting a baby bump with others wondering what your story is. good luck this cycle!!! i'll definitely be on the edge of my seat reading your posts. :)

Drevas said...

Congrats on getting through the first week! Hoping that the next three go by super quickly for you! :)

A m a n d a said...

I know what you mean about how annoying it is to be waiting. I'm having a minor surgery on Friday, so we have to sit this cycle out. It really sucks.

Hoping the next 3 weeks go by quickly for both of us :)

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

I hope the next 3 weeks goes by quicker than you expect. I cannot wait for you to get things started. Sending lots of baby dust your way. Love ya!