Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Another Year Gone...Without a Baby

Another year has passed, and here I am, still not a mom. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for my life and very thankful to have made it through another year, there is just a very important piece missing from my puzzle of life. When we started TTC, it was April-2004 and I had just turned 32. I knew we would have trouble conceiving, but I never expected to be turning 39 and still not a mom. Yay, happy freaking birthday to me.

It's amazing how fast time can get away from you. In some ways, this journey seems like an eternity. But at the same time, it feels like it was just yesterday that Sean and I were getting married, gushing about our future together, and talking about the children we would be having and the life we would create for them. I know that dream is still a possibility with us going through IVF, I just pray it becomes a reality. I pray hard. Really hard.

I don't think we'll be doing much to celebrate the one day a year I wish I could skip. Sean is working a 12 hour day today, and living in a small town leaves our options for going out and having fun very slim!! With my birthday today, and Sean's birthday on Saturday, we're planning to go to a hockey game Friday night to celebrate both of our birthdays since he'll be working 12 hours on Saturday. We're always looking for a reason to go catch a hockey game, so it should be a fun night!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love hockey games as well so have fun! I'm keeping you in my thoughts as I am very hopeful that this ivf will work for you! Wishing you all the best!

Drevas said...

Hoping that this is the last birthday you will be celebrating without a little one! :)

Have lots of fun at the hockey game!

Bridget said...

happy birthday honey- you deserve to celebrate!

Carlia said...

i hope this is the last birthday you have to celebrate without a child in your arms. i KNOW it's going to happen soon for you. happy birthday! now, get out and celebrate!

LC said...

Andrea - First of all, I want to wish you a happy birthday.

I really feel for you & understand. My birthday has become the absolute worst day of the year for me. It is harder than ANY of the holidays for some reason. I can relate to you so much on this one - it hurts SO bad. I remember on my last birthday in September, I just cried and cried and cried. I kept thinking the same thing - another year of my life goine without a baby to hold.

I am SO hopeful for you.

I hope you have some fun this weekend to celebrate your birthdays & your love!