Monday, March 14, 2011

Is This a Joke?!?!?!

I just got home from driving 35 miles to go pick up my "you're not pregnant so why are you peeing on me?" tests (as I like to call them), followed by a trip to the pharmacy to pick up my Provera and Birth Control pills, for when the time comes. I get home, put down some bags, go to the bathroom, and guess who decided to make a fashionably late entrance? AF. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's here. But it would have been nice if she could have shown up BEFORE I wasted money on HPT's and Provera. I guess I'll call the nurse back and find out if today's the day I start BC. Oy.

I also found out this morning, and forgot to report that Sean's semen analyis came back good and his soldiers are now sitting on ice. Because he works at a nuclear plant and they'll be in the midst of an outage during ER time, it's very unlikely he'll be able to be at the retrieval. So we had to do a back-up freeze just in case. IF he's able to be there with me, they'll use a fresh sample with normal fertilization (unless a problem occurs with his fresh sample). If he can't be there, they'll use his frozen sperm with ICSI.

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Of course she showed up right as you were going to POAS! Now just save those HPT's for after your ER- you'll need them!

Rebecca said...

That's awesome you have some of DH's sperm all set and ready to go! Glad to hear it came back good as well, yay! Sorry AF came after you picked up the provera, geesh. She deffinetly has a mind of her own.

Drevas said...

Ugh, AF is such a jerk! :) So sorry that you had to go through all of that but it's great that you will be moving on!

LC said...

Are they charging you to store it until the ER? I wanted mine to have a back up just in case he couldnt...you know. But they wanted to charge me $400 to freeze it for a week. He assured me he will be fine without the back up sample. He had better be right!

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

That would be my luck too! Ha. Just think on the brightside, now you don't have to wait 10 days taking the dang Provera!

Andrea said...

Yes, we are having to pay to have them freeze it. It sucks, but unfortunately we don't have a choice. Chances are really slim that he'll be able to be there, so we'll most likely have to use his frozen swimmers.

A m a n d a said...

That's awesome! Don't normally cheer for AF, but in this case, it's a relief. And I'm glad the SA came back normal ")

Kelly said...

I would request ICSI whether he is there or not. It helps A LOT!

Cris is also giving a back up sample in May for our July IVF.

Soooo happy AF came. Those HPTS will come in handy in April :)

Carlia said...

sorry you had to waste that money, but i'm so excited that you're starting everything!!! tell DH congrats on the strong swimmers. ;)