Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sonohysterogram

I just received an email from the IVF nurse that I have to have a Sonohysterogram done when AF gets here, IF that day ever comes!! I had an HSG done back in '08 and it wasn't painful for me, but it was a little crampy and uncomfortable. I'm not sure what to expect from this test.

Has anyone out there reading this had this done? Was it horrible?

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I haven't had it, only an HSG. I hope your AF hurries up so you can get on with the test. Good luck, you'll do fine!

Bridget said...

I haven't heard of this test, I just has an HSG. But I hope it goes well!!

Pam said...

It really wasn't bad. The speculum is the worst part. It took slightly longer than a normal u/s because they have to put the saline in, but other than that it was totally fine!

rebecca said...

I've had two sonohystograms, the first was extremely uncomfortable and the second wasn't bad at all so it really depends. Hoping you're able to get it out of the way soon!

LC said...

I had mine on Saturday and it was awful...it looks like it is really hit and miss since others say it wasn't that bad. Good luck honey..update us on how it goes. Come AF, come!

Anonymous said...

I had one. It was fine. The worst part is feeling like you wet yourself when the saline starts to run out. HaHa

Lora said...

I've had 2 now, most recently last week. It's not nearly as bad as the HSG and goes really quick. Mine ended with me having a polyp so now I need that removed before we move forward with IVF. Good luck!

Drevas said...

No experience here... I've only had the HSG but I wanted to wish you lots of luck! Hopefully it won't be bad at all since your HSG went so well.

Kelly said...

Greatly improves IVF success. I will be having one too! I like the sounds of your RE!