Saturday, March 5, 2011

Soaring High

My wonderful husband agreed to take me out for a drive today so I could look for some eagle photo-ops. He's not obsessed with this beautiful creature like I am, but he never complains when I ask him to take me out for a little bird watching! There are 2 locations inparticular where I can normally spot them, and neither place is somehwere I can just park my car and get out to take pictures. The only way for me to get pictures is if someone else is with me driving. That way they can keep an eye out for cars coming and I can click away!


I'm really not sure why I'm so fascinated by them, but I am. It all started a couple of years ago when a friend of mine introduced me to a website that has live video feeds of nesting eagles. It's through an organization that focuses on helping the conservation of different wildlife species. They're an amazing group of people that have such an enormous love for these animals and they do such wonderful work to help them continue to thrive.





When I first started watching the webcams, I was so engrossed in how the adults find their mate and stick with them for life. And how the pair will go to any length to protect and nurture their young. I could go on and on, but I won't ;)



3 comments:

Bridget said...

Awesome pictures! They really are amazing birds aren't they?

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures!

LC said...

Love the pics!