Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meds Are Ordered!!

Ok, so I'm sort of freaking out a little bit now. I don't know why ordering my meds makes things seem so much more real, but it does! I received a call from the pharmacy today to go over everything and to set up my delivery date. I'm having them hold off until after my SHG on 4/5 just in case something comes up in that and my cycle has to be cancelled. But come 4/8, Fed Ex will be knocking on my door with a big box of drugs and needles!


I'm a google freak, and googled the 22G 1 1/2" needle that will be piercing my bum and um, ya, it's big.

I know that a lot of you reading this have already been down this road, so when I get to the point of using this monster, I'll definitely be looking towards you for some pointers!

Progress is a beautiful thing!!

9 comments:

Bridget said...

woohoo!! So happy to hear you are on your way! The needles are scary at first but soon enough you will be a pro!

A m a n d a said...

That's so exciting! I agree with Bridget..the first one is scary, but after a while, it gets fun to play doctor :)

Drevas said...

Yay! Getting the meds in the mail is so exciting! :)

LC said...

Freaked out - starting that bad boy tommorrow. Glad to hear things are progressing on your end :)

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! I know you will be able to do it. Giving yourself (or DH doing it) seems scary, but when it comes down to it I know you will do great!

Pam said...

The big needle still freaks me out too! Hopefully the anticipation is worse than the actual use! :o) So glad things are moving forward for you! You're right though, ordering the meds definitely makes it feel very real! Just wait until you take the first injection. Then reality REALLY sets in! Good luck!!!

Carlia said...

SO excited for you to start your meds! good luck with the big needle!

K said...

The 22G is for Progesterone right? did they tell you that you switch to the smaller needle to inject it? I don't know, ironically I just watched this on youtube and almost threw up lmao...will be down this road shortly

Andrea said...

The needle to draw is 18g...the needle to inject is the 22g. I'm scared! This needle will be for the HCG and PIO.