I don't know what it's for! My RE has never had me take it. I've just read where some RE's have that as part of their protocol and I was curious if it was used more often than not. :)
Yep it is part of my long lupron cycle. Was just told yesterday to take for one more week (6w) and then can stop. I have no idea what it does. My betas are good but I think it is related to my e2 and prog which are very good. In my last ivf cycle (miscarriage at 11w) my RE never told me to stop. Beta were around the same but my e2 and prog were never as high.
Aspirin is a blood thinner. It's supposed to improve blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. My old RE had me on it from before my retrieval, stopped at my ret. and continued after my retrieval. The new RE started me on it only after my ret. and continued after the BFP.
All that being said, Dr. Google says that is no proof that it works.
I asked my RE about this and she told me there was not conclusive evidence that it would help, but if I wanted to I could take it but not before the ER, only after. Still not sure if I am going to do it or not.
I actually took it on all of my iui's. When it came to my ivf, the doctor never said anything so I didnt ask, nor take it. I think I will on my second ivf though.
Yes I took baby asprin. I started two weeks before I started stims and continued them for 1 week after our transfer. I was told it was to help blood flow to the uterus.
It was part of my Dr protocol. There is some research that it helps prevent miscariages because of the blood flow and one of the causes of miscariages is blood clots which it helps prevent. I took it till about 6 weeks of pregnancy.
14 comments:
Not at all...what is the purpose of taking it?
no..never. Why would that be a problem. and why the baby aspririn?
Nope I didn't take it for my IVF
I don't know what it's for! My RE has never had me take it. I've just read where some RE's have that as part of their protocol and I was curious if it was used more often than not. :)
Yep it is part of my long lupron cycle. Was just told yesterday to take for one more week (6w) and then can stop. I have no idea what it does. My betas are good but I think it is related to my e2 and prog which are very good. In my last ivf cycle (miscarriage at 11w) my RE never told me to stop. Beta were around the same but my e2 and prog were never as high.
Aspirin is a blood thinner. It's supposed to improve blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. My old RE had me on it from before my retrieval, stopped at my ret. and continued after my retrieval. The new RE started me on it only after my ret. and continued after the BFP.
All that being said, Dr. Google says that is no proof that it works.
yes, only for my frozen ivf cycles not the fresh cycles.
I asked my RE about this and she told me there was not conclusive evidence that it would help, but if I wanted to I could take it but not before the ER, only after. Still not sure if I am going to do it or not.
I actually took it on all of my iui's. When it came to my ivf, the doctor never said anything so I didnt ask, nor take it. I think I will on my second ivf though.
Yes I took baby asprin. I started two weeks before I started stims and continued them for 1 week after our transfer. I was told it was to help blood flow to the uterus.
Nope, I have done IVF twice but never taken it.
Here from ICLW.
I had to take it when starting stims during my IVF until like week 7 of pregnancy.
It was part of my Dr protocol. There is some research that it helps prevent miscariages because of the blood flow and one of the causes of miscariages is blood clots which it helps prevent. I took it till about 6 weeks of pregnancy.
I'm sitting here just dying for your first photo!
Post a Comment