Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time for ICLW!

If you're stopping by from ICLW, welcome!

To bring you up to date on my journey so far, my husband and I have been trying for a baby since getting married in April 2004. I went to a few different OB/GYN's to find out what was going on, or rather get confirmation that I had PCOS. I was pretty sure in my mind that PCOS was my problem because of my crazy cycles and annovulation, just hadn't had been officially diagnosed.

After being diagnosed, we tried 4 rounds of clomid with an RE which were unsuccessful. We were then gearing up to move into a few rounds of injections/IUI, but had to put all treatments on the back burner for about 2 years due to our business being the victim of the poor economy. After relocating from CA to KS and getting ourselves back on our feet again, we met with a new RE in January 2011 and agreed to bypass the injections/IUI's and move straight to IVF since I was in my late 30's by that point.

April 2011 was my first IVF. My first beta was a very weak 6. My clinic considers an HCG over 5 a positive pg test. Second beta was 0. Technically a bio chemical pregnancy. I considered it a BFN.

Oct/Nov 2011 was my 2nd IVF. BFN.

I'll be starting stims for my 3rd IVF in 3 weeks. I just turned 40 and I'm praying hard that this new decade will start with a bun in the oven!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

LeslieGail said...

You forgot to mention that you are wicked good in Draw Something. :)

Andrea said...

Ha! I wouldn't go that far! You're better...you can draw stuff so it looks 3-dimensional! Now THAT is mad skills!

K said...

Hi! Visiting from ICLW...I really hope this is "your decade" and IVF #3 is the ticket!
Katie

TeamBabyCEO said...

Stopping by to say "Hi"-hope this is your cycle!

Just T said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog with your words of encouragement. I look forward to follow yours and getting caught up on your journey.

apluseffort said...

Hi, from ICLW. Good luck on your next IVF!

glitterandrainbows said...

Hi from ICLW. Good luck and I hope this IVF is the one!