Monday, March 5, 2012

Just Checking In

Not much going on with me these days. I'm still planning on doing my 3rd round of IVF (Lord help me!!) in mid April. I'll be starting my BC pills tomorrow night. Wow the time sure flies between these cycles.

I'm feeling pretty good. I had a rough time for a while there, but am feeling my spirits lift. Thank you all SO MUCH for your sweet comments on my last post. They helped....a lot! I also think going home for a bit was something I really needed. Being away from home has been hard on me lately and I was feeling really homesick and lonely. Sean has been working so much (6 days a week, 12 hours a day) that we haven't had much time together. I think I was really just missing him and my family and feeling pretty isolated. That paired with my infertility emotions really made for a toxic combination.

I'm feeling much better now though :)

Sean was able to secure some days off in a few weeks and we booked a mini vacation to St. Louis for 4 days. We're taking a train to get there and staying in downtown St. Louis. Anyone that has followed my blog for a while knows we're HUGE hockey fans. So of course we timed it when the St. Louis Blues are in town so we can catch an NHL game. We're really excited and this trip will do us both a world of good!!!

2 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

Glad you are feeling better my dear!! I know it has to be hard not seeing your family and then having Sean work so much. You have the best time in St. Louis! I went to a Blue's game when I was a little kid, as we used to live there. So much fun!!

Carlia said...

i'm so glad you're back to blogging and that you're going ahead with IVF #3. i think a quick vacation is a fabulous idea! you two deserve some time together, away from the stresses of life and fertility treatments. have fun and good luck with the treatment!!!