Thursday, March 22, 2012

Get Ready St. Louis...I'm Coming For You!

I'm not sure I can even fully express how freaking excited I am to be getting out of town! I have seen so little of my husband for the past 2+ months due to his crazy work schedule and I can't WAIT to have him all to myself for 4 glorious days!

We're not doing anything fancy, but at this point I wouldn't care what we did! Just to be able to see a new city that I've never been to and catch a hockey game are all that I need! Oddly enough, I think I'm most excited about the train ride to get there. It's been 22 years since I've been on a train and I'm feeling a little giddy about it! If any of you have been to St. Louis and know of any places that are a must see, let me know! We leave on Monday :)

In other news, stims start 3 weeks from tomorrow! I've come a long way because I can actually admit that I'm excited to get going! That's a far cry from how I felt a couple of weeks ago. Just a couple of weeks ago I felt dread and angst about it all. I felt hopeless. Now, I feel a renewed sense of hope and excitement and might even be feeling just a little bit optimistic about it too. I'm really trying to channel those fertility Gods to let this finally be my time!

Now, why don't you head on over to My Hormonacoaster and wish Leigh a HUGE congrats on her positive beta yesterday! :) It's been a long time coming for her!

8 comments:

Carlia said...

i've never spent any time in st. louis, so i don't really have any recommendations. but i hope you have a fantastic trip and enjoy every minute with your hubby! yay for starting stims and an even bigger YAY for being excited about it!!!

LeslieGail said...

Aww! Thanks for the shout out! Now you go enjoy St. Louis!!!

Bridget said...

I have only been to St. Louis a couple of times- it's a fun city! We went to a fun bar that was in a hotel there called The Chase and they had a great band, super fun!

Anonymous said...

I am from St. Louis! You must visit the Arch (great view of downtown). Ted Drewes is a must stop for their famous frozen custard. Imos Pizza is also a St. Louis original! Fun to walk on the riverfront. They have a McDonald's on a boat. :) You can do a Budweiser brewery tour to see how beer is made. Sorry I don't know much about the nightlife downtown, I worked there but lived out in the burbs. You just going to the city or are you going to go out west a bit? If so you can visit Forest Park and see the Zoo (it's free), art museum, paddle boats. How long are you going to be there?

Andrea said...

Thanks for the suggestions!! We'll only be there from Mon - Thurs. We're staying downtown and won't be renting a car so that may limit us in where we can go. I def want to see the arch and the riverfront sounds great! Hubby may enjoy the beer tour ;) Thanks again!! :)

Rebecca said...

Have fun in St.Louis! These next 3 weeks are going to pass in a blur!

Mark and Amy said...

Enjoy our trip!

Trisha said...

That is good that you are feeling some excitement about your upcoming cycle! I hope it goes well for you!

ICLW #61