Sunday, January 9, 2011

Enjoying My Vacation...

Feels good to be home!

Unfortunately, Sean had to head back to KS yesterday, so I'm on my own here until I leave on Wednesday. I'd much rather him be here with me still, but since he came out a few days before me, he had to head home a few days before me.

We took Grace to a Reign game on Wednesday night. They literally picked me up from the airport and we went straight to the game. It was fine with me since I haven't met a hockey game yet that I haven't liked! There wasn't too much action in this game, but it was still a fun night for the 3 of us!


On Thursday, we took Grace out for a nice lunch, then her and I went and got manicures together. What girl doesn't like a little pampering every now and then?! :) When we got back to the house she wanted to watch Eclipse, and even Sean agreed to watch it. He even managed to stay awake for the whole movie. What a guy! Thursday night we had some friends over that we haven't seen in a long time. It was a great night!

On Friday we took Grace to see Chronicles of Narnia since she's been wanting to see it. I liked it a lot and thought it was a great movie, but more importantly, she liked it too! Unfortunately she had to go home to her mom's house Friday night, so I didn't get to spend much time with her. She had a full week with her dad though, and I know they made the most of their visit. She's really excited to be able to talk to us with the webcam now that we will all be able to see each other. I know this transition of him having to move away has been tough on them both. On all of us, actually.

Yesterday after I took Sean to the airport, I had another friend come visit. We spent a good part of the day together. We went out to lunch first, then went to the movies to see The Fighter. What a great movie! After that we just visited at the house for a while then went out to dinner before she left to go home. Another great day!

Today I'll be seeing my BFF so I'm excited about that. I'm not exactly sure what all we have planned, but one thing for sure...it will include a lot of laughs!

All in all, it has been a great time! It's been keeping my mind preoccupied for the most part and I haven't been dwelling on my appointment next week.

No comments: