Got my fertilization report this morning!
Out of 12 eggs, 9 were mature and 8 fertilized! :)
I'm really happy with that number.
I'll find out tomorrow if my transfer will be on Saturday or Monday. I'm kind of hoping it's on Saturday so I can get them back in there.
Now for the lovely PIO shots that I have to start tonight. On both of my other cycles I did Crinone, so the PIO is new to me. Please comment with ANY tips or tricks for these dreaded injections! I've heard so many horror stories and I'm really nervous for how bad these shots can be.
I also want to send a VERY Happy 40th Birthday wish to my friend Leigh over at My Hormonacoaster!! Feel free to click on her link in my blog roll to wish her a happy day!
11 comments:
My nurse recommended that I put the vial in warm water a few minutes before injection. I've had far fewer problems since I have been doing that. Although I did find out the other day that progesterone in ethyl oleate is supposed to cause fewer problems than the progesterone in oil so that might be it too. But try warming it up, then immediately after the injection slap a warm wash cloth on your hiney and massage the heck out of it. I've had hardly any pain this time around.
And great fert report!! Grow babies, grow!
Oh and thank you for the birthday wishes! It's been an awesome day! I'll post about it in a bit! :)
yay for a great fertilization report! I'm so happy to see such great numbers. Keep us updated on the transfer!!
that is awesome! now, grow little embies! good luck with the PIO shots and the transfer. this cycle seems to be going so well. i really, truly hope this is it!
That is a great number!!! I am so happy for you! I never found a good way to do PIO- they were the worst shot I had. Just remember you are doing it for a great reason! Steve had to remind me of that daily :)
That is a great number!!! I am so happy for you! I never found a good way to do PIO- they were the worst shot I had. Just remember you are doing it for a great reason! Steve had to remind me of that daily :)
Congrats on a great report! The actual shot of progesterone isnt bad, its the day after with soreness. I put my syringe in a heating pad on low for a few minutes before injections. Afterwards had my husband rub the site nice and deep.
Good luck with transfer!
I wish I had some tips or tricks for you, all I can say is that that is definetly a great fert report!
Yay for a great report!! Grow embryos, grow! Sending you well wishes!! :)
What a great fert report! So excited for you! As for the PIO, I would put the bottle in a heating pad for a few minutes before drawing it up. The warmer it is the thinner it is, therefore making it easier to inject. Once it was nice and warm, I'd draw it into the syringe, DH would pull the skin taut and then stick. Push the syringe REAAAAAALLLLY slowly. The slower it's injected the less painful it is. It would typically take DH close to a minute to get the full syringe injected. As soon as he pulled the needle out, he would massage the area really well for about 5 min. It really helped prevent the knots from lactic acid build up. I think I only had one the whole 12 weeks I was on the shots. The firmer he pushed the better it felt actually. Once he was done massaging, then I'd sit on the heating pad for 10 min or so.
It worked really well, and for the most part I really didn't have a lot of pain. By the end it would bleed almost every time he pulled the needle out, but that was basically because every available space had been stuck so many times, it was tired of being stuck again :o)
Good luck with them. I was super afraid of how bad they were going to be, but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised. Once we found a routine that worked, we stuck to it and the combo really helped keep me as comfortable as possible.
Ice! Hold an ice cube on the injection spot for 60 seconds or so. It definitely helped me! Congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment