I met my husband on the internet in November 2002, and this is our story...
My best friend was wanting to put up one of those online personal ads to see if she could meet someone and was wanting me to do it with her. No thank you! I had ended a rocky 4 year relationship just 6 months earlier and the last thing I wanted to do was meet someone. I was enjoying my time being single! She kept pushing me to do it with her, so I finally said yes (mainly to hush her up!) I was over at her condo one night so we got on the computer and listed our personals! Then we waited to see what, if anything, would happen. Over the next few days or so, I received a number emails from guys responding to my ad (many of which I'm sure were bogus) and without even opening them them, I deleted the emails. Again, I just listed my personal to appease my friend!
After a week or two, I can't remember exactly how long, I decided to get rid of my personal since A) I wasn't responding to anyone B) I doubted that any of the responses were even legit and C) I just wasn't interested in meeting anyone. I sat down at my computer to delete my ad. Before going to the website to remove it, I checked my email. I had one email and it was from someone responding to my ad. I decided what the heck, I'm getting rid of this stupid ad anyway so I'll read this one email just for shits and giggles. It was from a guy that lived about an hour away from me (little did I know, a guy who would also become my future husband). After I read the email I realized that I actually liked what he had to say. It was very simple and he didn't seem like some creepy, psycho, weirdo, ha!
Next, I did what I never thought I would do. I wrote him back! After corresponding back and forth, we just seemed to "click". After talking on the phone and computer for a few weeks, we set up a "date" at a Dave & Busters.
It didn't take long on that first date for me to realize I liked this guy! I thought he was fun and had some killer dimples! Although, I didn't get the vibe from him that he was all that interested. I decided I would just enjoy the date, not have any expectations, and would then go on my merry way. I didn't expect to hear from him again and although I was kind of bummed, it was cool.
The next day I was at the mall shopping with my mom and my phone rang. It was him...eek! To my surprise, he asked me out for a 2nd date. He said he made the call expecting me to turn him down! I didn't turn him down though :) (Apparently neither one of us got a good vibe from the other on our first date!) So that very night we met up at the movies for date #2 :)
Fast forward...6 months to the day after our first date we were engaged, and 10 months after that we were married.
You can't fight fate! When something is right, it's right! He's my world and I love him more than anything!
Happy Anniversary to my love!
6 comments:
We share the same anniversary date, although I think we came to that conclusion months ago..... LOL. I love your story and Happy Anniversary!
What a beautiful story!! That's fate for ya. Happy anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary! I totally had tears in my eyes reading this post, even though I've known your story for so long LOL.
Aww1 What a sweet story! LOVE LOVE LOVE that wedding photo!
that is the sweetest story! to think, if you had deleted his email, like you did the others, and your personal you would have missed out on your soul mate. crazy! :) happy anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary! What a great story! My hubby and I also met online! :)
Post a Comment