Friday, September 30, 2011

Meds Have Been Ordered...

Whoa. So I guess this is all really about to happen again!

I got the email from my IVF nurse letting me know that my meds have been ordered. I literally get butterflies in my stomach just typing that out.

Eeeeek! Three weeks from tomorrow I'll be starting stims and making another attempt at getting a bun in this oven!

I feel pretty ready for this, physically. About as ready as I can be for this, emotionally. More importantly, I feel healthy, and although I know I still have more weight to lose, I've gotten all of my blood levels (except my stupid triglycerides which are genetically high) to where they should be. My triglycerides are almost to where they should be. My blood sugars are under control (no longer in that pre-diabetes situation) and my A1c is now at a normal level of 5.2%! I've dropped 18 pounds so far, and although that's a far cry from the 30-40 that I had hoped to lose, I'm still proud of what I HAVE lost. I'm going to put some of the blame on the lovely birth control pill, because once I started that back up, I seemed to find perma-bloat that completely halted my weight loss efforts. But it's finally starting to go down again and I'm hoping to lose another 5 in the next 3 weeks.

In other exciting news....

My parents get in tomorrow and will be staying with us throughout my IVF. They'll be here for 6 weeks and I'm super excited!!! I don't know how I would have gotten through the last round had they not been here. With my hyperstimming and being recliner bound for 2 weeks, my mom literally took care of me. With Sean working the outage 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, he couldn't be here and I was extremely grateful that she was able to be!

Next weekend, Sean and I are getting out of dodge for a few days. Some of you may remember me posting about the treehouse we had booked. We ended up cancelling that because it was during the week and Sean wanted to hang on to those vacation days. So instead we're heading to Omaha for a few days to catch 3 hockey games (2 junior league and 1 university team) which I'm totally excited about. We're also going to the Omaha Zoo which I hear is pretty cool. I really didn't care where we went, as long as we could just get away and enjoy each other before I start stims.

That's about it for what's up with me. :)

7 comments:

LC said...

YAY!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU my dear. I can't wait to follow along and support you through this journey. So glad we have become friends! Love u!

Rebecca said...

3 weeks, I can't believe it's so soon! That's awesome that you both get a chance for a mini vacation before starting and that your parents are going to come down for 6 weeks to help out. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful supportive family! Congrats on the weight loss and regulating your levels, that is NOT easy to do while also dealing with infertility, lol. Fingers and toes crossed that you get your sticky bean!

Bridget said...

So exciting!! I can't wait for you to get started! And I love your new blog look!!

A m a n d a said...

So exciting! Hopefully the next 3 weeks go by quickly. That's so sweet of your family to be with you. What a difference that can make. It's YOUR TURN!!!

Sarra said...

Whoa! 18 pounds is amazing! I had hoped to lose about 30 pounds myself, but with my cycle starting in just five days, I've only lost about 10, so I am definitely in awe of your 18!! I'm excited to hear you have your meds ordered and am so jealous of the fact that your parents will be there with you to help out. I'll be following you closely and rooting you on all the way through!

TeamBabyCEO said...

Congrats on everything-the med order, the vacation, the weight loss, and having your parents coming in to help out. Hoping this is THE cycle!

Carlia said...

i'm SO excited and hopeful for you!!! good for you for dropping 18lbs and getting your levels where they need to be. what a great accomplishment!