Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baby Blanket

One of the things I LOVE doing to help me relax is crochet. I started a couple of years ago and had no idea how to do it. I started with a pattern that was sent to me by a fellow blogger, and then with the help of YouTube tutorials, I learned the different stitches. Many, many blankets later, this is my latest completed project.

Chloe likes to help :)
I've made so many baby blankets for friends and family, I think the count is up to 12 now, and was really hoping by this point to have a baby of my own to wrap up in one of my blankets. No such luck...YET.

I did, however, hang on to the very first baby blanket I ever crocheted, and hope to someday be using it for my own bundle of joy! Someday...



Also, I want to wish my awesome dog, Cody a very happy 4th Birthday today!! He always manages to make me smile, no matter how bad of a day I'm having!!!

10 comments:

marilyn said...

that is so beautiful!! One day I might learn to do that! I positive one day you will be able to cradle your baby in that blanket:)
hugs

Andrea said...

Thank you :) And Chloe DOES swat at the yarn while I'm making them! In fact, I have a cute pic of her doing it...I'll post it :)

Gen said...

Love the blanket. I'm still waiting for my cupcake hat!

Bridget said...

What a pretty blanket!! I wish I the patience to crochet! Happy birthday to your furbaby :)

Baby Hopes said...

Gorgeous!!! I need to learn some new stitches from you!!!

Lora said...

Wow that is beautiful! What a great thing to do to keep busy through all of this!

Rebecca said...

Such a beautiful blanket! I love your little "helper!" Happy Birthday to your fur baby Cody as well.

Carlia said...

i can't believe what an expert crocheter you've become! so impressive! the blanket is beautiful.

happy birthday cody! :)

TeamBabyCEO said...

I'm very impressed by your crochet skills! I like to do it but have never been able to master anything complicated. That, and anything I make tends to look like a parallelogram.

Your dog is so cute! What a face!

LC said...

How have you been doing hon? I've been thinking of you...

http://www.painpromiseunfulfilleddreams.blogspot.com/