Thursday, August 2, 2012

Looks Like We Have a Shy One and 16 Week Update

Yesterday was our 16 week sonogram and our first appointment with the MFM doc. I was referred to him because I'm not a spring chicken (Ya, thanks for the reminder!). The appointment went well and my husband and I both liked him a lot. We were able to have a very detailed sonogram where they were able to determine that everything at this point is exactly how it should be. What a relief! I don't take a single day of this pregnancy for granted and am so extremely grateful to be where I am today. 

We were hoping to find out gender, but our baby is very modest and shy! (Perhaps a little like his/her mom already!)  The ultrasound tech tried and tried, even did a little bouncy motion on my stomach to try to get the little stinker to flip, but nope. Then our Dr. tried and he too struck out. The baby was in a breech position and legs were tightly closed so there was no way to get a peak. The most important thing to us though, was that everything looks good and measures where it should be!


Weekly (or whenever I can remember!!) Update:

Size of baby: Weighing in at 5 oz and measured 18.9 cm (7.44").

Symptoms: Still feeling pretty queasy and gaggy, although not all day everyday. It's improving! I have also been having some nasty headaches that seem to last for 2-3 days at a time.

Weight Gain:  I was up 5 lbs at my 15 week appt, but down 2.5 at my appt yesterday. So it looks like I've gained 2.5 pounds total so far. Maybe the scale was off? Either way it's between 2.5 and 5 lbs!

Cravings: Waffles, fruit, and Diet Limeades.

Aversions: Chicken and ground turkey. I can eat most other meat as long as I don't see it raw first, but find myself not really wanting it. 

Sleep:  Not too bad other than the nightly potty breaks I have to take.

Maternity Clothes:  I have a pair of maternity jeans and crops, but wearing regular clothes besides those. I can still wear my other pants, but they're really uncomfortable if I button them. So I wear them unbuttoned with a Bella Band. Still wearing regular shirts.

What I Miss:  NOTHING!!

What I'm Looking Forward To: My 20 week anatomy scan.  Can't wait to find out gender!

Special Pregnancy Moments: Going for our 16 week sonogram. This was the first one my husband has been able to go to because of work. It was so nice to have him there so we could watch our baby dance around together!

Bump Update: The bump is starting to round out a bit more and get firmer. I'm overweight to begin with so I was waiting for stuff to start filling in! I had my hubby take our first bump pic (other than me doing a self portrait in the mirror, haha!) so I can start comparing them every week (or however often he takes them!)

4 comments:

carlia said...

that little stinker! ;) i am so glad your pregnancy is going so well. i can't tell you enough just how happy for you i am!!!

LC said...

Yay!!! Look how HAPPY you are! I'm so glad the 16 week check up went well. I can't believe we have to wait another 4 weeks to find out the gender...ahhh. :)

KellyAnne said...

Congrats and you look BEAUTIFUL!!

Rebecca said...

You look amazing, so incredibly happy for you! Can't wait until the next us so you can find out the gender, little stinker, lol!