Wednesday, July 18, 2012

14 Weeks

I'm going to start posting these updates (when I remember!), so feel free to skip over them if you so choose! I'm not keeping any kind of pregnancy journal so I want to have something to look back on during this part of my journey. I'm learning that time goes very quickly, so I don't want to forget any of it!

Size of baby: Approximately 4 inches and weighs 2.5 ounces....size of a navel orange!


Symptoms: Still feeling pretty queasy. It had gone away for a few days, but then came back. I hadn't thrown up at all, but that has since changed! Some days are better than others. I'm also still super tired all the time. I'm ready for bed by 6:30 or 7:00 if I don't get an afternoon nap in! I've managed to stay up though til 8:30 or 9:00 every night but it's tough!


Weight Gain:  Not sure. I have a 15 week OB appt next Wednesday, so I'll get the official number then.

Cravings: Avocado and tomato sandwiches, waffles, and any and all fruit. I can't get enough fruit these days.

Aversions: Chicken and ground turkey. I can eat most other meat, but find myself not really wanting it. 

Sleep:  Not too bad other than the nightly potty breaks I have to take.

Maternity Clothes:  I just got a pair of maternity jeans in the mail that I ordered from Destination Maternity and bought a pair of maternity crop pants. I can still wear my other pants, but they're really uncomfortable if I button them. So I wear them unbuttoned with a Bella Band.  

What I Miss:  NOTHING!!

What I'm Looking Forward To: My 16 week sonogram.  Haven't seen the little one since 11 weeks!

Special Pregnancy Moments: Telling my family this past weekend. Everyone was so excited and happy for us! I was really happy to be able to tell them in person since I'm in CA visiting.

Bump Update: No bump pics!! Not sure if I'll be posting them down the road, but not much to see at this point!

5 comments:

LeslieGail said...

Wow, 14 weeks already! Awesome! I am so glad things are going well. Love and Hugs!

Just T said...

Love the baby updates! Keep them coming and congrats on 14 weeks!

LC said...

I just LOVE that you are in the 2nd trimester already...I'm so happy for you friend!

Bridget said...

eeeeek!!! I love this!!!

K said...

I am thrilled that things are going so well! I continue to keep you and baby in my prayers!