Sunday, December 4, 2011

My WTF Appointment...

We went to my WTF appointment last week, and there were no surprises. My egg quality is poor, so at this point it's a numbers game. If I keep at it, eventually my body should be able to spit out a healthy egg or two. In a perfect world, I would just continue until we found that egg and I ended up pregnant. But of course, we all know this isn't a perfect world.

My RE did suggest some changes she would like to make to my protocol, and she felt it would be well worth another shot with those changes. I produce way too many eggs. Not uncommon for someone with PCOS. The plan would be to eliminate Menopur and lower my dose of Gonal-F in hopes of producing fewer, but better quality eggs.

We do plan to do another cycle in early 2012. We have decided to again keep our next cycle private, between my husband and I, much like we did with IVF #2. I am so appreciative of all the support I have received from the blogging community. It has gotten me through some very difficult times! I still plan to use this as my outlet for venting frustrations, successes, failures, and whatever else I feel like blogging about! And more importantly, I plan to continue following all of your journeys!!

xoxo

4 comments:

LC said...

You are so stuck with me..today, tomorrow, and every day after that! Love you so much dear! I'm so glad we have each other.

Bridget said...

I will be here as always!

Rebecca said...

You are stuck with me as well! I wish you all the best moving forward and it sounds like you have a good plan moving foward and are aiming for quality over quantity. (Hugs).

Rebecca said...

Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a blog award on my blog=)