Thursday, November 17, 2011

IVF #2 in a Nutshell

For reasons not even clear to myself, I decided not to blog throughout my 2nd IVF cycle. I guess I really just wanted to go with the flow, not stress about things, and try not to obsess about it all. With that said, here's a breakdown of how it went...

Stimmed for 10 days
Retrieved 25 eggs
21 eggs were mature
14 fertilized
Transferred 3 "5 Day" blasts
None of my embryos made it to freeze

Beta - Negative

Definitely not the outcome I had hoped for, but there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. So now I'm going to take some time for myself to figure things out and see where I go from here.

10 comments:

TeamBabyCEO said...

Thinking about you-sorry for the BFN, I'm hurting right along with you. :( Stay strong and take care of yourself.

Rebecca said...

Oh honey I am so sorry (hugs). I can't imagine the hearbreak you must be feeling right now, this is just so not fair. You are stronger than this and I know you will beat infertility, you WILL win. I wish I could tell you when our how, but I know this isn't it for you. Wishing you all the best as you move forward.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Definitely take some time for yourself to figure things out. But I'm with mommy in waiting...don't give up. If you want to be a mom you will be.

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Andrea, I wish I had something more to say to make you feel better. You're in my thoughts.

Lora said...

I am so sorry Andrea. Sending you hugs and hoping for better days ahead.

AT said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Andrea. Have you gotten a second opinion re: your IVF protocol etc? We were on the April IVF board together, and I'm not pregnant yet either, but I have switched doctors and I'm hoping he will be able to get me pregnant. Just a little more info., in case you're interested...I got my 2nd opinion from Dr. Sher in Las Vegas. He offers free telephone consultations, and is extremely knowledgeable about IVF.

marilyn said...

oh crap!! I am so sorry! What did the doctors say? What is going on? You and your husband are so strong..and I admire how you take care of yourself while going through this hard time..the first time..and i know you will be okay..and you and your husband's relationship is so strong! I am curious why you decided to not share while you were going through it? Did you find it less emotional or less pressuring? Again..hugs..and so sorry...you will have your baby..just right now is not the time:(

Sarra said...

I have been thinking about you and checking back here and there to see how the cycle was going. I totally understand wanting to just stay away from the internet world for a while and try not to obsess. I am so sad to finally log in and read this news. I am thinking of you and sending prayers and love your way.

TeamBabyCEO said...

I'm thinking about you and hope you are doing OK.

Left you an award over on my blog-take care and happy thanksgiving.

Carlia said...

oh, andrea, i am so unbelievably sorry. this post brought tears to my eyes. i'm so sorry i haven't been a better friend, checking in on you here lately. i hope you're doing alright. you are such a strong person and have been through so much. i truly hope that your miracle happens soon. anything is possible!