Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....

And I think it just might happen! Being from Southern California, I became very accustomed to 80 degree temps on Christmas day. It never stopped us from having a fire in the fireplace though. We may have had the air conditioner running, but it was winter damnit, and a fire on Christmas morning is a necessity! But now that I'm living in Kansas, and we've already had a tiny bit of snow, I'm channeling the snow Gods to bring me a white Christmas!

I've had a hard time getting myself into the Christmas spirit this year. I know why. I had really hoped to be pregnant when Christmas rolled around, but alas, it isn't going to happen. I'm not going to turn this post into a pity party for one, because there is nothing I can do about the fact that my body is refusing to cooperate and give me a baby. A fellow blogger, who has become one of my favorite people on the planet, recently posted about being at a standstill. About feeling like the world is passing her by, while she's still stuck. It's so true. I feel like everyone has left me behind and here I am....stuck. People I started this journey with have now gone on to have 1, 2, or more babies....not me. With that said, I have so much in my life to be thankful for, and I intend to enjoy my Christmas with the wonderful people in my life that ARE here.

I finally got all of my decorating done. Some pics will follow below! I love Christmas decorations! They always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside! I'm so excited that my parents will be coming to visit over Christmas this year. Sean's daughter "G" will also be coming with them for the 2 weeks, so that just makes it even better!! We'll have a full house and I can't wait!!

Our small tree in the entry way. Every year my mom buys G and the dog, and sometimes Sean and I a personalized ornament. They all go on this tree :) It's getting full!! I haven't added G's to the tree yet. She will do that when she gets here :)
My sweet boy Cody, posing for his Christmas pic.
My Christmas tree :)

More Cody :)
Made some homemade ornaments this year, courtesy of pinterest. They were a huge pain to make, and very messy, so I didn't make many!!
In other news...

I'm excited to be going home for 3 weeks!! Me and Cody will be riding home with my folks and G. We leave here on New Years Eve, with a stop in Oklahoma City where we'll spend the night and catch a Barons hockey game to ring in the new year! Then, after a couple more days on the road, we'll be home. I fully intend to enjoy my time in CA and spend as much time hanging out with my friends as possible. I miss them so much! Cody will be much happier in CA than KS. He doesn't do too well in the snow. He's definitely a CA dog through and through!

Next week I'll be spending my time doing lots of baking. It should be interesting considering I don't bake! ;) I found some sinfully yummy looking desserts on Pinterest and I'll be making some of them as gifts for the in-laws, provided they turn out even remotely edible. Wish me luck!

That's about all that's going on with me right now. Just working on school work and trying to keep busy!

8 comments:

Carlia said...

i absolutely love your attitude! you were the first person i met in this community and you continue to be one of my favorites. you truly inspire me.

your home looks beautiful with the garland and the tree! LOVE the pics with cody in them! he's just way too cute.

oh, and i gave you the liebster award on my blog. :)

Bridget said...

Your pictures are so pretty! I am still praying for you all the time and I know your wishes will come true one day soon. Keep up the positive attitude!

TeamBabyCEO said...

I'm still here with you Andrea. You are not alone!

Your tree is beautiful and I love the pic of your pup! Best wishes and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

LC said...

I love you so much. You are my most favorite girl in the world. I know how hard it is...but your positive attitude has always been inspiring and uplifting to me. You amaze me! Hang on to that hope honey!

browning2222 said...

Love the pictures of the tree, especially the ones with Cody very cute. I can not get in the mood to decorate for Christmas or shop for gifts or much to do with Christmas. I listen to Christmas music everyday hoping it will help my mood but we will see.

Isn't pinterest great.

marilyn said...

Baking,Pinterest!! You are talking my language!!! Babies are not...life can pretty amazing. And you and your hubby always seem to make life enjoyable. It seems like your family really loves you and and you make everything around you bright and warm:) I wish we lived close together..you seem like an amazing person. You Christmas tree looks so shiny..I love it!! I am addicted to pinterest by the way. I love Etsy too.

marilyn said...

hhahaha.wow..I just reread my comment..I think I forgot how to spell!! oops!!! What i meant to say...or write: babies or not...you make life amazing...you, your family your hubby, and even your sweet dog cody. One day I know you will have your little angel...and he or she will get to enjoy all the joys that life has for you and your family. I am so sorry it is taking so long. Have you seem or read the movie The help. There is a character in the book that reminds me of you. Celia...I do not want to ruin the movie or book..

Stephanie said...

Your tree is gorgeous! We live in Gardner, KS which is about 20 minutes south of the metro area.