Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My first ever POSITIVE OPK !!!!!!!!!!

Well, once again I have failed at keeping my blog up to date. I went in on CD 22 for my follow up follie check. Low and behold I had 2 follies on my left ovary measuring 14mm and 17mm. I didn't believe the nurse so I asked her to look again and double check just to be sure. To appease me, she checked again. Yep, they were really there!!! She had me come in again on CD 25 for another u/s to see if they had grown. I was so nervous going back and had fears that they would shrink. Well, this time one had grown to 21mm and she said I would probably be ovulating any time!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!! I used an ovulation test later that day and there was a 2nd line that wasn't quite dark enough to be a true +. Yesterday I decided to test again and for the first time EVER, and after probably hundreds of OPK's....my test line was darker than the reference line. It was POSITIVE !!!!!!!! Of course, being the freak that I am, I had to take a picture as proof...lolI had a temp spike this morning, so I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. This may very well be the first time I've EVER ovulated and I couldn't be more excited to know that I actually have a shot this month at getting preggo! I do not expect to get that BFP the first month I ovulate, especially ovulating so late in my cycle, but I'm just so excited to know that my body worked and it COULD happen!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO

I'm so eggcited for you! I'm going to be the positive one and say with your current BD record, maybe there is an eggo baking in the oven this month. If not, well hey - at least we know your stuff works.

Don't wait so long to update, mmmkay?

Carlia said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! There is definitely a good chance of a BFP with all that BDing!!!