Monday, October 20, 2008

13 DPO

I'm nearing the end of my 2 week wait. My temp dropped quite a bit yesterday, then went down a bit more today so I'm pretty sure Aunt Flo will be showing up at any time. I think I've decided what I want the next steps to be. Then, I just have to work on getting my Dr. onboard with my plans. She wants me to do one more month of Clomid since it did work to make me ovulate this month. Then, they told me my next step will probably be injectables. I'm not ready for that, and I know it. I'm not ready for it emotionally, physically, or financially. I know that I can't give myself a shot every night, and I'm not prepared to spend at minimum of $1,000.00 per cycle. I know that I need to lose weight to get this PCOS under control and to get my body in shape to carry a pregnancy to term. Who knows, losing the weight might even help my body to function properly on its own so I don't need pills or injections to get pregnant.

So, my plan is this: Diet starts immediately and there will be no more excuses. I'll continue to diet while I take my last round of Clomid. Then, I'm going to see if my Dr. will let me try Femara for 3 months. If she doesn't want me on Femara, I'll take a break from TTC until February or March and work towards losing 30 lbs over the next 4 months. That way, if the Femara doesn't work (provided my Dr lets me try it), I'll have a 30 lb headstart going into the New Year which should dramtically help with my PCOS. Then I can start fresh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

haha I'm an idiot! I deleted my comment because I found a typo ...

So does this mean we're back on for TBL because I'll do it!!

I'm not going to say you are being negative, because you are being realistic. Like you said before, after going through this as long as you have, it's hard to be positive.

I'm not going to tell you to be patient and wait your turn and that good things come to those who wait because, well I'm going to be blunt - I don't buy into that shit! Oops I just cursed on your blog SORRY.

I'm glad you are deciding to grab the weight bull by the horns and bring his ass down!

I'm always here - well, you know that already :)

Good luck.