Our lives just became so much brighter!
On January 6, 2013 at 10:16 am, we welcomed 8lbs 1oz and 22" of absolute bliss to our world! Our son was born! He is healthy, happy, and just perfect!
I went into labor naturally late Saturday night and around 6:00 Sunday morning we decided it was time to go to the hospital. We live 60 miles away from the hospital and my contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes on the hour long drive there.
When we arrived at the hospital, they started monitoring the baby and he was doing great. My blood pressure was registering high, and had been since my appointment on Friday. After a few hours, it was recommended that we do a c-section since my blood pressure wasn't going down and they were concerned about stress on the baby. Also, he was measuring 8lb 9oz at our appt on Friday so he was going to be a big baby.
Sean and I talked and decided we didn't want to take any risks and wanted our baby here safely. So we consented to the c-section.
It was the right decision. Our baby did end up becoming stressed and had a bowel movement which he injested. Also, turns out the cord was wrapped around his neck which could have added to his stress. Once they got him out, he was immediately taken and a tube was inserted into his throat down to his stomach to suck out his stomach contents. I was laying there, hearing him scream, and felt totally helpless. I had yet to see my son. After about 20 minutes, they held him up and I could see him from across the room. Sean was with him the entire time which made me feel better :) At that point, they decided to take him to the nursery to try to stabilize his breathing. He was having a difficult time and would grunt with every breathe. The nurse explained that if he didn't get it resolved on his own, he would need to visit the NICU for 2-5 days. She said he would definitely be fine, but would probably need that brief stay for IV fluids, etc.
After about 1 1/2 hours in the nursery, our nurse got a call that he resolved the issues!!! She was so excited because she felt he wasn't likely to do that! So they brought him in and I finally got to hold our baby! Uh-mazing!
He is now 2 days old and doing wonderfully!! We will get to go home tomorrow and begin our lives with a newborn!
I can't believe he's here. I can't believe he's ours. And I can't stop staring at him!



8 comments:
Congrats Andrea. Sounds like your little boy had a rocky start on his grand entrance. He is a doll!!!!
Congratulations!! He is beautiful.
Absolutely incredibly beautiful! Congratulations!!
Congratulations Andrea! He is perfect in everyway!! Love seeing him in your arms!!! Such a sweet blessing!!!!
Congrats he's a beautiful little guy!
Wohoooooo congratulations! He's beautiful! So happy for you!
He is absolutely amazing. CONGRATS MOM
Congratulations on your sweet baby boy! Hope things are going great and you are settling in at home okay. I know the first few weeks can be overwhelming and you might be feeling like you'll never sleep again, but I promise it gets easier!! Hang in there and hope you are loving time with that sweet baby boy!
Post a Comment