Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not Much to Report at Week 24

I haven't had much to blog about lately, and I suppose no news is good news! I still can't believe I'm pregnant. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not completely stunned and grateful that this finally happened and I have a sweet baby boy growing inside of me and kicking me like crazy! What a magical feeling that is!

I'm looking forward to heading back home to CA in a few weeks to have a baby shower with my family and friends. My Dr. gave me her "ok" to travel, but wants me back home by 32 weeks. So my shower will be sooner in my pregnancy than I would have liked, but when it's being held in a different state from where I live, I have to be flexible! I'm still trying to fight off the anxiety and fear that something might go wrong. I did breath a little sigh of relief when I hit 24 weeks since that marks viability, but it doesn't erase all the worries.

Next weekend, my inlaws here in KS are having a small shower/get together for me since they won't be able to attend the one in CA. The reason they decided to do it so early is because they want my mom to be here for it too, which is so thoughtful of them and I really appreciate! Once my folks leave here in a few weeks, they won't be back until shortly before Christmas which is just a few weeks before Baby D's estimated arrival! I find it unbelievable that he will be here in less than 16 weeks! I can't wait to see him and hold him!!!

Other than that, not much going on!

7 comments:

LC said...

Every day is one day closer to your dreams coming true! I'm so happy for you dear friend!

Stephanie said...

Have a great time at your upcoming showers, you deserve it!!

Bridget said...

Yay for baby showers!!! I can't believe how fast time is going!!

Rebecca said...

Have a wonderful baby shower! Yay for 24 weeks=)

K said...

This is so exciting. I am still beaming with joy for you!!

K said...

This is so exciting. I am still beaming with joy for you!!

LeslieGail said...

Time has passed by so quickly! And by now you are about 27 weeks, even better! I miss your posts!