Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Made It To California and 12 Weeks!

After 4 long days on the road, we made it to CA Monday morning! We normally do it in 3 days but we decided it was best to add an extra day to cut back on my hours spent in the car. My parents were in KS for a visit and since my brother in law is getting married here in a few weeks, I decided to ride back with them. Sean will fly out a couple days before the wedding and then we'll both fly home. It always feels good to be home where all my friends and family are. I wouldn't want to ever move back here, but I love to be able to make these trips and get lots of visiting in!

Last night I had dinner with a couple of friends that I've known for 30 years. We always have so much fun together laughing and talking about old times! I decided to tell them about my pregnancy. I wasn't going to because I still haven't told my family yet (other than my parents), but since we only get together every year or two, I decided to go ahead and fill them in. They were both very excited and insisted on doing the necklace test for gender prediction, haha! According to the swing of the neckace, I'm having a girl. It's funny because everyone except my dad and one of my friends at dinner last night is guessing girl. I, of course, will be thrilled with either.

Today, me and the same 2 friends from last night met up with our dogs and let them have a play date! It was so much fun watching them together since none of them have met before! Lots of booty sniffing at first, but then they all seemed to instantly become best buds!

That about sums up the social part of my week so far! :)

As for a quick baby update...

Today marks 12 weeks.  WOW. I honestly STILL can't believe this is real. I'm not sure if it will ever truly sink in. I've tried to let myself loosen up a little bit and even let my mom buy my first baby item today. That was a big step for me as I haven't even let myself buy a pregnancy book yet. I've asked her to hang on to it until further notice, but it's the sweetest little outfit. It felt weird. We've only bought baby items for others, never myself.

I have also started using a doppler. It has really brought me some comfort while waiting for my next appointment in 3 weeks. I haven't been using it daily, however, since leaving on our road trip on Fri, I have. But since we're here, and everything seems to be good, I'll start using it less.

I'm starting to feel much better too. While I never got horrible morning sickness, I was pretty much queasy all day and experienced a ridiculous amount of gagging and some dry heaving. I still gag, but haven't really felt queasy. So that seems to passing too.

And OHHHH the bloat!!!!

That's about all I have to report.

Wishing everyone a VERY safe and Happy 4th of July! 




7 comments:

Just T said...

Okay you will have to let me know what the necklace test is. I am very behind on these sort of things.

Sounds like you are relaxing and having a great time!

Andrea said...

I didn't know what it was either! You hang your wedding ring from a necklace. Then you dangle it over stomach. If it sways in a circle it means girl and back and forth is boy. I'm sure this is very accurate, lol!

LC said...

Yay! Congratulations on 12 weeks! I bet the bumpdates are going to come soon, right?!? :)

Andrea said...

Nope! I had a "bump" before I got pg!

Sarra said...

Yay for 12 weeks!!! Very excited for you to cross that milestone. I understand how hard it can be to believe it's 'real', but this is it girl! You'll have that sweet baby in your arms before you know it. :).

Rebecca said...

Congrats on 12 weeks, I am so happy for you girlie! Sounds like CA has been a great thing for you and Dh (and your new little one) as well!

Sheila said...

It was for me...and I have always been claiming boy!