Sunday, February 13, 2011

Getting Closer...


We're officially 2 1/2 weeks away from our IVF class! I'm so ready to get this going and get started with the whole process! It seems a bit surreal for me to be going through this. It wasn't too long ago when I had my mind made up that IVF wasn't an option I was willing to pursue. I was going to let fear hold me back. Not fear of the needles, or fear of the process itself, but fear of it failing. But if I don't try it, then aren't I, in a sense, failing myself anyways?


I'm focusing on thinking positive. I'm working hard on my habits by eating healthy and exercising. I'm changing the way I think and feel about this whole process. If it doesn't work, then I will deal with it. I will make my life beautiful regardless. I have so much to be thankful for and I will continue to be grateful for the blessings I DO have in my life and not dwell on what I don't have.


I will cross that bridge if and when I come to it. But, for now, I'm thinking positive and praying for this to work. Praying that after this long and difficult road we've travelled, that we end the road trip with a healthy, happy baby with Sean's dimples!

5 comments:

Carlia said...

i'm so so SO excited for you!!! how soon after your class will you get to start the treatment?

Bridget said...

Good luck sweetie- I'm excited for you to get started!!

Kelly said...

Pick up the book balancing your hormones fir fertility by dr Robert Greene. There is a part in there that said women between 35-39 had the rate of 47 percent take home baby by transferring 1 embryo and 20 something for 2. Google single embryo transfer I was shocked to read what I did. And ironically everyone I know who put 1 back got pg that cycle. I
Trying to convince my hubby fir us to put 1 back. Anyway totally excited for you!!!

Andrea said...

Thx girls!

Carlia - I start bc when my next cycle starts. So prob around 3/10. Will be on that for a few weeks, then time for the good stuff!

Bridget - So excited for you! You give me hope!

Kelly - Thx for the info. I'll definitely check it out!

LC said...

Thanks for the positive post. I, too, am trying to focus on the blessings we do have. GL hon!